Scientific Evaluation and Technical Assistance
Techsoft Group's scientific evaluation and technical assistance rely on a systemic approach to program and data management, information technology solutions, and professional staffing. While the five services below can be individually tailored to meet our clients’ needs as standalone projects, our breadth of evaluation expertise used throughout the five-step process—including our understanding of organizational, environmental, participatory and contextual factors—is what differentiates us from our competitors.
- Systemic Evaluation Approach: Techsoft’s evaluation plans set a program or intervention within its larger context and environment, so our clients gain a better understanding of programs, interventions, policies, organizational structures and processes, and their interactions. We employ a systemic approach with mixed qualitative and quantitative methods, and triangulate on the constructs under investigation to assure scientific rigor.
- Comprehensive Evaluation Activities: Experienced Techsoft evaluators conduct their evaluation work—from program evaluation, to interventions, design evaluation, and results dissemination—in a variety of federal, non-profit, community and educational settings. All activities involve extensive client participation. We develop or create validated data collection instruments as needed; collect, store, and analyze data; and synthesize and disseminate results.
- Methodological Expertise: Techsoft evaluators have extensive methodological expertise, using quantitative and qualitative mixed method approaches, quasi-experimental designs, and systemic approaches. Our evaluators employ keen judgment in matching a proscribed methodology with each client’s unique needs, assuring that evaluation plans are feasible, easily implemented, and scientifically sound. Our evaluators are experts at creating and using evidence-based recommendations on interventions in the behavioral sciences. They are familiar with summaries including CDC’s Guide to Community Preventive Services and the Cochrane Reviews. And since they have worked extensively with community organizations, they recognize the importance of “grassroots-generated” contributions to the evidence base, rather than those that come solely from the “top-down” as a result of scientific investigations.
- Data Management and Technology: Techsoft’s methodological expertise does not end with methodology development; it extends to data collection, management, and analysis. A primary Techsoft client benefit is the company’s ability to link evaluation activities to cutting-edge information technology and provide comprehensive data management activities like data collection instrument development, management information system (MIS), data analysis planning, statistics support, and data analyses.
- Dissemination Activities: Techsoft offers an array of effective dissemination activities that target a wide range of audiences through scientific, peer-reviewed articles; white papers; products adapted to the needs of communities, schools, government agencies, and other audiences; media campaigns; and other means. Writers and technical support staff assist clients with oral presentations, posters, and PowerPoint slides.